Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pine Crest Inn & Restaurant
50 Dogwood Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374

Don't get your hopes up.

I've been to the Pinecrest Inn about 2 dozen times over the years, but that was out for drinks at night. Usually I was dragged over there. Lots of snobbery being dispensed on a typical night. I was also dragged over there for Sunday lunch (buffet). I expected much better. I've eaten at The Carolina Hotel and the Holly Inn on several occasions (both right down the road). The Pinecrest Inn paled in comparison. The salad bar (not much to it) had freezer-burned vegetables, including all the cucumbers (which is typical when salad bar items are not fresh). The roast beef was tough, the breakfast bar items were way too salty (the bacon was saltier than country ham - and I like salty country ham). The best item was the cheesecake, which was factory made. If you are in the Village of Pinehurst and want a "Pinehurst" experience, eat at the Holly Inn or The Carolina Hotel. Also, Google has the location on this in the wrong location - the Pinecrest Inn is located in the Old Village portion of Pinehurst (as on the link above).

No comments:

Post a Comment